NOW HIRING a Sales Supervisor position at our Goodwill Arvada Retail Store
Excellent opportunity to use your leadership skills and gain more experience as a Sales or Production Retail Supervisor for our Arvada Goodwill Store!
We are Goodwill Denver – we translate the good in the local community to programs and resources that change lives. While you might know us through our Denver thrift stores, we're more than just a place for great deals – we have programs that improve our community and inspire hope, one person at a time. Our retail division is comprised of a network of 30+ retail and outlet stores throughout metro Denver and northern Colorado. As a Supervisor, you are expected to display initiative, effort and commitment to carrying out GID’s mission and help inspire, motivate and guide others towards goals. This position serves as a champion and model of GID’s values – “FACE IT” which incorporates fun, accountability, collaboration, empowerment, innovation and transparency in all that we do.
As a Sales Supervisor, you will:
- Contribute to the success of the store too exceed sales, revenue and other goals.
- Work closely with store management to ensure quality and quantity of merchandise and displays for the sales floor.
- Continually display excellent salesmanship and customer service as well as service recovery when needed.
- Train employees to provide a high level of salesmanship, and on their duties, expectations and safety.
- Uses effective written and verbal communication and positive interpersonal skills treating everyone with dignity and respect.
- Ensures staff are treated in a fair and equitable manner.
- Manages Customer Loyalty programs.
- Help ensure cleanliness of the store and housekeeping standards are met.
- Close store according to established procedures; enforce check and credit card policy, store security procedures and all store and company policies and procedures.
- Gives refunds and discounts per retail store policy.
- Makes bank deposits according to established procedures as needed.
- Be able to work a flexible schedule that may include weekends, evenings, and holidays as needed.
As a Production Supervisor, you will:
- Contributes to the success of the store by exceeding production quotas and quality standards along with other designated goals of the store.
- Oversees the receiving, storing, classifying, categorizing, pricing, sorting sizing of store merchandise and donations.
- Trains and on-board employees regarding their duties, expectations and safety. Communicates processing goals and status on a regular basis.
- Give direction to employees while working side by side with them to ensure job duties are being performed efficiently and in a timely manner and is focused on quality control of product.
- Focuses on ensuring efficient and effective production systems are in place to meet quotas and goals.
- Uses effective written and verbal communication. Uses positive interpersonal skills treating everyone with dignity and respect. Ensures staff is treated in a fair and equitable manner.
- Ensures a safe, clean working environment.
- Work a flexible schedule that may include weekends, evenings, and holidays as needed.
- Follows all policies and procedures.
Education and Experience: High school diploma or GED and a minimum of 6 months experience in a retail merchandising, manufacturing or related setting.
Employee Benefits: Health, dental, life insurance, as well as short-term disability for full-time employees. Vacation, holiday, personal time, sick leave and 403 (b) retirement plans.
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity and you wish to be part of a successful team environment, please apply today! If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.