We are seeking a passionate Director of Development to join our team at the Goodwill Denver Campus. This is an exciting opportunity to utilize your expertise, experience and strong relationship building skills to help drive and achieve our development goals. In this key role, you will work closely with Marketing and Development to plan, develop and implement long and short term strategic objectives for optimum and continued growth. You must be a results driven leader and enjoy the challenge of attracting and retaining new Donorship while continuously engaging current Donors. Your ability to secure major gifts for agency capital and annual campaigns is of the utmost importance. You must have the ability to be self-directed and prioritize multiple tasks while working with competing demands.
If you are seeking a rewarding and challenging new role, this could be the right fit for you!
Additional responsibilities include:
- Planning and Budgeting to identify long and short-range strategic fund development goals through researching and developing ongoing foundation and corporate grant requests and opportunities.
- Strategic planning to ensure philanthropic needs in the community are met through engaging Community organizations, leaders, groups, and the general public.
- Obtaining major gifts, grants, bequests, in-kind gifts and sponsorships.
- Assisting with organizing and implementation of annual giving campaigns.
- Supporting the planning and implementation of special events.
- Cultivating and maintaining relationships with individuals, foundations, corporations and community organizations for development purposes, including internal fundraising.
- Soliciting funds and pledges for all identified programs through applications, answering inquiries, mailing literature, making personal visits, speeches, promotions, and presentations.
- Bachelors’ Degree or higher in liberal arts, communications, marketing or related field.
- CFRE preferred.
- Minimum of seven years’ demonstrated accomplishments in the development field with at least five years’ experience in events, major gift development and/or capital campaigns.
- Experience in planned giving a plus.
- The successful candidate must have:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated superior relationship building skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and public speaking abilities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database experience.
Employee Benefits: Health, dental, life insurance, as well as short-term disability. Vacation, holiday, personal time, sick leave and 403b retirement plans.