We have an exciting new opportunity for a Loss Prevention Coordinator / Specialist to join our Corporate Loss Prevent team. In this role, you will help strengthen our loss prevention program and assist in developing policies, procedures, and systems to safeguard assets. This includes deploying tactics to prevent retail inventory shrinkage from shoplifting, fraud, employee theft, and administrative errors. You will partner with management to oversee physical security, internal and external theft monitoring systems, cash handling procedures, POS management and e-commerce tracking to minimize or eliminate product and cash losses.
Essential Job Duties include, but not limited to the following:
- Conduct internal and external investigations as assigned.
- Conduct audits and investigations of employee activity.
- Conduct regularly scheduled random and pinpoint surveillances at assigned facilities which may occur during a location’s open and closed hours.
- Conduct random bag checks on store and warehouse employees as per policy.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with local management and field support staff at all Goodwill Denver facilities.
- Frequently review all facility CCTV systems for any fraudulent activities by employees and customers, to include recordings for possible legal claims.
- Manage and assign security alarm codes and door access codes.
- Protect the organization from foreseeable litigation at all times.
- Conduct loss prevention trainings regularly.
- GED or High School Diploma
- Associates Degree in law enforcement or a related field preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years of professional experience in Retail Loss Prevention or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience performing employee or customer investigations required
- Wicklander-Zulawski certification a plus
- REID certification a plus
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills, as well as strong problem-solving and analysis skills required
- Demonstrated skills in problem Solving, Oral Communication, Team Work, Judgement, and Professionalism
- Computer experience utilizing data systems including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook)
- Ability to travel between locations approximately 50-75% of the time. Travel within the Denver Metro Area with some visits to Northern Goodwill sites. No overnight trips typically required
- Must be able to meet insurance guidelines and review of motor vehicle driving record in order to travel on Goodwill business