We have an exciting opportunity as a Bilingual (Spanish) Career Navigator to serve the Denver community by providing career navigation to adult participants. This position, formally known as a Work Skills Instructor, is located at Johnson Elementary School in Denver. In this role, you will be responsible for developing, implementing and updating work skills based classes that will be delivered to a youth population that may possess multiple barriers to gaining and maintaining employment. Additionally, this position will be responsible for administering and interpreting a variety of assessment tools designed to aid clients in determining barriers and defining career options. To be successful, the Instructor must be bilingual in Spanish.
As a member of the Goodwill family, YOU are changing lives for thousands of Coloradans in need every year. Goodwill has been serving the Denver metro area for 100 years, and YOU have the opportunity to be a part of that legacy! Every single Goodwill employee plays an integral role ensuring our mission programs thrive!
This position will perform a broad range of duties for the designated location including, but not limited to the following:
- Develop and implement classes designed to develop work skills and soft skills that will aid clients in locating, applying for and maintaining employment. Classes will include life skills topics to aid the client in developing and maintaining a stable home environment.
- Conduct needs assessments to determine the best and most relevant topics to be included in the classes. Review class content annually and make updates as needed to meet the needs of the community.
- Conduct needs assessments with clients to develops a career plan.
- Assist in recruiting clients for classes. Develops a working relationship with clients and strives to keep clients engaged in class.
- Administer and interpret a variety of assessment tools that benefit the client. Provides individual results in a timely and sensitive manner to clients.
- Monitor computer lab and aids clients with questions.
- Create and implement a meeting format for clients to share job leads, provide support to each other and learn additional job search skills.
- Work individually with clients to critique resumes, cover letters and other documents that are necessary for a successful job search.
- Work closely with Goodwill staff to ensure the uniformity of curriculum content.
- Act as a resource and consultant to all CDS programs.
- Works closely with the CDS Management team to provide updates on program progress and outcomes. Submits monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Attend staff and program meetings as needed to provide updates and progress reports.
- Provide Leadership, guidance and support to clients. Acts as a positive role model by demonstrating professional appearance and interactions.
- Build and maintain effective quality working relationships with internal and external customers. Acts with customers in mind and is dedicated to gaining their trust and meeting their expectations.
- Maintain client files and enters data into various databases.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bilingual in Spanish required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in education or related field; at least 2 years relevant experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- This role requires Instructional Skills, Relationship Building, Effective Oral and Written Communication, Problem Solving, and Business Acumen.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the school community. Ability to write speeches and program promotional materials for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to act as a spokesperson for Goodwill programs at various school and community events.
- Employee is responsible for any technology or Goodwill property used in the normal course of employment will be under the safekeeping and the responsibility of the employee to maintain in good working order. Acts as good steward of program funds and resources.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Knowledge of MS Word word processing software, MS Excel spreadsheet software and MS Outlook contact management systems.
CERTIFICATIONS and LICENSES
- Must have a Colorado driver’s license and clear driving record to drive on Goodwill business.
- Travel between offices is approximately 15%.
We offer a competitive benefits program and various perks for all staff. Apply today for a rewarding career!