We are Goodwill Denver – we translate the good in the local community to programs and resources that change lives. While you might know us through our Denver thrift stores, we're more than just a place for great deals – we have programs that improve our community and inspire hope, one person at a time.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE JOB
The Assistant Manager - Secondary Markets assists the Secondary Markets Leadership in the day-to-day operations of the Secondary Markets business unit. This position partners with the Manager of Secondary Markets to drive supply chain management to ensure revenue, cost savings, production processes and proper distribution of resources. The Assistant Manager – Secondary Markets is seen as a subject matter expert by the Secondary Markets business unit and acts as an open resource to guide and train other employees on supply chain processing procedures. This role serves as a champion and model of GID’s values – “FACE IT” which incorporates fun, accountability, collaboration, empowerment, innovation, and transparency in all we do.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Opens and/or closes facility according to establishes procedures. Maintains a safe, clean and orderly Facility. Reports all accidents according to established procedures.
- Assigns, guides, coaches, and trains one or more teammates while performing the work of a material handler, cashier, baler and/or forklift operator.
- Works with the Secondary Markets Coordinator in the handling of inbound and outbound activities of goods earmarked for Secondary Markets with Transportation and Warehouse partners including, but not limited to, the proper sorting of goods, production goals, the use of appropriate bill of lading, the creation of manifests, and proper loading of goods with the safety of personal, collecting and reporting inventory, cash handling and pricing structure/pricing agreement and Goodwill property in mind.
- Ensures that daily paperwork is prepared according to established procedures such as cash-to-sales report, opening and closing report, deposit slips, deposit log; supplies and/or merchandise are ordered; daily cash and sales reports, production reports and other related documentation are prepared accurately timely.
- Provides excellent customer service and leadership to internal and external customers. Answers customer questions and resolves customer disputes within authority and directs unresolved conflicts to the chain of command. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Assists in auditing the quality of goods being processed by the Secondary Markets personnel and ensures proper rotations, sales, receiving, sorting/recycling, storage, and shipping of products.
- Gives work direction and oversees the work of employees to ensure job duties are being performed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Trains the employees regarding their duties, expectations, and safety. Uses the O.J.T (On the Job Training) for completion of the training process for all employees.
- Completes employee time entry in Leigant, required HR Actions, and uses various computer systems to complete day-to-day deliverables.
- Ensures that volunteer paperwork is completed, volunteers are assigned to different tasks, and volunteer dates and hours of work are recorded accurately.
- Ensures the availability of necessary tools such as P.P.E (Personal Protection Equipment) brooms, rakes, shovels and garbage carts, range boxes and pallets.
- Provides a smooth flow of goods to the sales floor, recycling area, and warehouse.
- Prioritizes the loading and unloading of store trucks and vendor's trailers or containers.
- Marks and stocks merchandise in proper categories and route to the designated warehouse areas.
- Builds and maintains internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Consistent and safe execution of duties associated with forklift operation when certified to Goodwill standards.
- Ensures good stewardship of all goods through proper handling and processing of property in and out of the warehouse in accordance with Organization and OSHA policies and procedures.
- Completes assignments, projects, reports, and paperwork accurately and timely.
- Follows all Goodwill policies and procedures. Follows safety rules and regulations. Acts safely at all times.
- Works flexible schedules, overtime, weekends, evenings and holidays if required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Physical – Very Heavy Work: Lifting and Carrying objects weighing 30 pounds constantly, 40 pounds frequently, and 50 pounds occasionally to raise objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to- position requiring the substantial use of the upper extremities and back muscles. Pushing and Pulling: Using upper extremities to exert force in order to push, pull, draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion exerting 50 pounds of force constantly, 75 pounds of force frequently, and 100 pounds of force occasionally.
Assistant Manager Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance and succession planning; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or G.E.D. required. Management or related experience is preferred. Minimum of two years related. Sales, warehouse, distribution, or supply chain experience and/or training required. Relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement.
CERTIFICATES and LICENSES
Ability to pass a criminal background search, pre-employment drug test, and E-verify. Must have a clear Colorado driver’s license and be able to drive on Goodwill business, if necessary.