We are Goodwill Denver – we translate the good in the local community to programs and resources that change lives. While you might know us through our Denver thrift stores, we're more than just a place for great deals – we have programs that improve our community and inspire hope, one person at a time.
Goodwill’s retail division is comprised of a network of 30+ retail and outlet stores throughout metro Denver and northern Colorado. Profits from these retail stores, as well as donor contributions, fund Goodwill’s highly successful programs in workforce development. We help people find the tools to succeed at work and in life
The Goodwill Industries of Denver (GID) Sales Manager is a vital part of achieving Goodwill’s mission. As a retail leader, the Sales Manager is responsible for the day to day running of the sales and production operations of assigned store reporting to the Area Manager. The Sales Manager’s focus is on exercising discretion in supervising, directing staff, ensuring customer satisfaction and product quality, financial management/performance and managing safety and security within the store. The Sales Manager will display initiative, effort and commitment to carrying out GID’s mission; inspires, motivates and guides others towards goal and acts in a proactive achievement-oriented manner. The Sales Manager models GID’s values and works to develop the same values in all team members. The GID values are “FACE IT” which incorporates fun, accountability, collaboration, empowerment, innovation and transparency in all that they do.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Exceed the Retail Store sales revenue and other goals.
• Makes quality tactical decisions regarding the day to day running of the store/s operation utilizing analysis, experience, procedure manuals and judgment.
• Focuses on meeting goals and continuous store improvement in the areas of quality merchandising, customer
experience, store cleanliness and organization, donation, quality control and staff training and development.
• Has a relentless focus on the customer. Understands what the customer wants and how to best deliver that experience.
• Monitors goals throughout the year, communicates store standing on a regular basis to Area Manager and affects changes as required.
• Responsible for the recruitment, training, development, communication of expected performance standards and evaluation of employees and takes action to reward, counsel or remove employees as appropriate.
• Uses effective written and verbal communication. Uses positive interpersonal skills, treating everyone with dignity and respect. Ensures staff is treated in a fair and equitable manner.
• Follows and enforces all Goodwill policies and procedures. Champions and enforces safety rules and regulations. Acts safely at all times.
• Supports the best elements of our corporate culture while making culture change. Open to and supportive of new ideas and process improvement of systems and procedures.
• Works flexible schedules, weekends, evenings, holidays and overtime as required.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
High School/GED diploma required, Bachelor’s degree preferred. Success in the GID Assistant Administration Manager role for a minimum of 6 months or 2 years of relevant experience in Retail or a related leadership role.
We are dedicated to the value of diversity and inclusion. Persons with disabilities encouraged to apply.