General Description of Position
The Goodwill Industries of Denver (GID) Sales Supervisor is a vital part of achieving Goodwill’s mission. The Sales Supervisor is a high energy, positive team focused member who directs the flow of service in the store and acts as the Manager on duty if the Sales Manager or Assistant Administrative Manager is not available. The Sales Supervisor partners closely with the production/donation staff and works side by side with front of the store staff to ensure quality and quantity of merchandise for the sales floor in a timely manner. The Sales Supervisor handles customer needs, makes certain of a safe work environment, trains and assists other store staff with their tasks assuring that they are performing their job well.The Sales Supervisor will display initiative, effort and commitment to carrying out GID’s mission; inspires, motivates and guides others towards goal and acts in a proactive achievement-oriented manner. The position serves as a champion and model of GID’s values – “FACE IT” which incorporates fun, accountability, collaboration, empowerment, innovation and transparency in all that we do.
- Contributes to the success of the store in exceeding the sales, revenues and other goals.
- Works closely with all store management to ensure quality and quantity of merchandise and displays for the sales floor.
- Continually displays excellent salesmanship and customer service as well as service recovery when needed.
- Makes store decisions under the direction of store management.
- Trains employees to provide a high level of salesmanship, and on their duties, expectations and safety.
- Uses effective written and verbal communication. Uses positive interpersonal skills treating everyone with dignity and respect. Ensures staff is treated in a fair and equitable manner.
- Manages Customer Loyalty programs.
- Ensures cleanliness of the store and ensures the housekeeping standards are met.
- Closes store according to established procedures.
- Enforces check and credit card policy, store security procedures and all store and company policies and procedures.
- Gives refunds and discounts per retail store policy.
- Makes bank deposits according to established procedures.
- Follows all policies and procedures.
- Works flexible schedules, weekends, evenings, holidays and overtime as required.
- Other duties as assigned.