We are Goodwill Denver – we translate the good in the local community to programs and resources that change lives. While you might know us through our Denver thrift stores, we're more than just a place for great deals – we have programs that improve our community and inspire hope, one person at a time. Goodwill’s retail division is comprised of a network of 30+ retail and outlet stores throughout metro Denver and northern Colorado. Profits from these retail stores, as well as donor contributions, fund Goodwill’s highly successful programs in workforce development. We help people find the tools to succeed at work and in life.
• Meets or exceeds the Outlet Store revenue/expense goals.
• Monitors goals throughout the year and affects changes as required. Actively participates in and contributes to the annual short term strategic planning and budgeting process.
• Controls payroll, production, and retail supply costs.
• Effectively carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. This includes interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, delegating, assigning and directing work; motivating, rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing and resolving complaints and problems.
• Ensures that all store security, check, credit card, refund, and other store and company policies and procedures are followed.
• Ensures that new hire paperwork is prepared; that new employees are set up in the time clock system, that the weekly employee schedule is prepared and posted; and that employees time is approved and submitted to Payroll in an accurate and timely manner.
• Ensures that daily paperwork is prepared according to established procedures such as cash-to-sales report, opening and closing report, deposit slips, deposit log; supplies and/or merchandise are ordered; daily cash and sales reports and other related documentation are prepared accurately timely.
• Ensures that volunteer paperwork is completed, volunteers are assigned to different tasks, and volunteer dates and hours of work are recorded accurately. Opens and/or closes store according to establishes procedures.
• Maintains a safe, clean and orderly store.
• Reports all accidents according to established procedures. Oversees the receipt, sorting, tipping, rotating, baling, and disposal of salvage merchandise.
• Determines mark down prices as required. Determines all per item prices.
• Trains other management employees in mark down and per item pricing. Analyzes per pound pricing structure and makes recommendations to Director of Operations.
• Provides excellent customer service. Answers customer questions and resolves customer disputes. Acts as a cashier if required.
• Ensures shopping cart is positioned properly on the scale or register counter-top scale is used. Inspects shopping cart to determine which items are sold per unit rather than by pound. Removes unit items from the shopping cart. Weighs the remaining items in the shopping cart to be sold by the pound. Records correct categories and prices in cash register, receives cash, credit card or check payment from customers, and gives correct change.
• Responsible for cash register charges, paperwork, and balancing the register at the end of the shift.
• Performs job duties in accordance with Goodwill's ethics and values.
• Positively promotes the organization, mission, and program of services internally and/or externally.
• Acts as a positive role model to the people Goodwill serves and other interested parties by demonstrating professional personal appearance and interactions.
• Takes ownership and is accountable for job responsibilities. Follows through on commitments. Provides leadership and guidance to direct reports. Builds and maintains effective quality working relationships with internal and external customers.
• Acts with customers in mind and is dedicated to gaining their trust and meeting their expectations. Uses effective written and verbal communication.
• Uses good interpersonal skills treating everyone with dignity and respect. Immediately advises supervisor of significant and unexpected problems.
• Promotes and demonstrates teamwork and cooperation. Completes assignments, projects, reports, and paperwork accurately and timely. Safeguards all Goodwill property including donated goods. Reports any incidents of theft or unauthorized possession/removal of Goodwill property.
• Follows and enforces all Goodwill policies and procedures. Follows and enforces safety rules and regulations. Acts safely at all times. Supports the best elements of our corporate culture while making culture change. Open to and supportive of new ideas and process improvement of systems and procedures. Drives on company business. Performs other duties as assigned.
Employee Benefits Available: Health, dental, life insurance, as well as short-term disability, vacation, holiday, personal time, sick leave and 403b retirement plan.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Physical Requirements: Lifting and Carrying objects weighing 30 pounds constantly, 40 pounds frequently, and 50 pounds occasionally to raise objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to- position requiring the substantial use of the upper extremities and back muscles. Pushing and Pulling: Using upper extremities to exert force in order to push, pull, draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion exerting 50 pounds of force constantly, 75 pounds of force frequently, and 100 pounds of force occasionally.
Works flexible schedules, weekends, evenings, holidays and overtime as required.
Dedicated to the value of diversity and inclusion. Persons with disabilities encouraged to apply.