We are Goodwill Denver – we translate the good in the local community to programs and resources that change lives. While you might know us through our Denver thrift stores, we're more than just a place for great deals – we have programs that improve our community and inspire hope, one person at a time. Goodwill’s retail division is comprised of a network of 30+ retail and outlet stores throughout metro Denver and northern Colorado. Profits from these retail stores, as well as donor contributions, fund Goodwill’s highly successful programs in workforce development. We help people find the tools to succeed at work and in life.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Must have the functional and technical skills to perform the duties and responsibilities of the job.
COMPUTER SKILLS To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of basic computer systems. Proficiency in Internet and general database concepts is required.
CERTIFICATES and LICENSES A+ / MCSE Hardware / (Microsoft certified) preferred. Ability to pass a criminal background investigation, drug test and E-Verify.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE JOB The Computer Works Technician in Goodwill Industries of Denver will examine, test and evaluate various networking electronic equipment in a production type setting. The electronic equipment includes but is not limited to; computers, lcd monitors, servers, routers and switches. The Technician will capture required data and provide documentation to the CW Technician Lead or Assistant Manager. The Technician will also evaluate the subject equipment for its overall value on the open market and test it’s functionality along with evaluating the ability to upgrade memory, sound and video cards, install various DVD devices and load applicable software.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inspects, tests, evaluates and sorts various networking electronic equipment in a production type setting.
- Measure dimensions of products to verify conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as rulers, calipers, gauges, or micrometers. Read blueprints, data, manuals, or other materials to determine specifications, inspection and testing procedures, adjustment methods, certification processes, formulas, or measuring instruments required.
- Record inspection or test data, such as weights, temperatures, grades, or moisture content, and quantities inspected or graded. Mark items with details such as grade or acceptance-rejection status.
- Notify supervisors or other personnel of production problems. Discard or reject products, materials, or equipment not meeting specifications. Collect or select samples for testing or for use as models.
- Write test or inspection reports describing results, recommendations, or needed repairs.
- Compare colors, shapes, textures, or grades of products or materials with color charts, templates, or samples to verify conformance to standards.
- Disassembles whole systems into components, subcomponents and commodities using various hand tools. Retrieves raw materials from staging area to be processed appropriately. Places salvage/recycle material in proper staging area and labels accordingly.
- Follows established production standards and meets established production goals. At the beginning and end of shift makes sure to clean area and ensure they have proper supplies and reports supplies as needed to supervisor.
- Assist in loading and unloading trailers as needed.
- Performs Warehouse Management System (WMS) operations.
- Performs Janitorial duties as required.
- Reports accidents in timely manner.
- Works flexible schedules, overtime, evenings, weekends and holidays if required.
- Follows all Goodwill and retail store policies and procedures including non-discrimination/harassment; drug/ alcohol free workplace; possession and removal of Goodwill’s property; keeping personal belongings, including cell phones, in lockers during work hours; following allotted break and lunch schedules; using time clock for arrival, lunch beginning, lunch ending and departure every work day; adhering to standards of personal appearance and hygiene as stated in retail dress code; follows entry and exit policies to ensure safety.
Perform other duties as assigned.E.O.E. Applicants with disabilities are encouraged to apply.